In this course we have a look at the bookcase that you see at the back of the workshop. In reality it is more than a bookcase, four larger drawers using through and blind dovetails, two large cupboards with raised panel doors and the frame is held together using sliding dovetail joinery.
An ambitious build – but it certainly gets you familiar with your skills and tools.
This course is made up of 11 lessons
- Lesson 1 looks at the design and the approach to the build
- Lesson 2 looks at the top and bottom panels and the sliding dovetails
- Lesson 3 we turn our attention to the internal panels and pre-drill the holes for the adjustable shelves
- Lesson 4 we complete the internal panels, trim the end panels to length and glue up the main body of the bookcase
- Lesson 5 we install the internal shelves, fit the back and put the bookcase into its final position
- Lesson 6 we turn our attention to the drawers and the dovetail joinery
- Lesson 7 we complete the drawers and fit them to the unit
- Lesson 8 we turn our attention to the raised panel doors, look at the techniques and key components
- Lesson 9 we raise the panel and glue up the doors
- Lesson 10 we install the doors using BLOOM fittings
- Lesson 11 we complete the build by making and installing the crown moulding