In this course you will learn how to build a wooden planter based on the classic Versailles Containers made famous in the reign of Louis XVI. Originally designed in 1670 by the Chief Gardener Andre Le Notre, this is a simplified modern take.
This is hands on project designed to build your skills, develop your confidence and introduce basic joinery techniques.
It is also a fun project, that will impress your family and friends
The course is made up of 8 video lessons as well as a downloadable step by step plan.
- Lesson 1 – The design
- Lesson 2 – Making the legs
- Lesson 3 – Cutting the mortices
- Lesson 4 – Cutting the tenons
- Lesson 5 – Cutting the haunch
- Lesson 6 – Making the panels
- Lesson 7 – The glue up and finish
- Lesson 8 – Final thoughts
In this project we will use the following tools,
- The compound mitre saw
- The table saw
- The router table
- Hand saws
- marking gear
Check out the “YouTube” series of courses if you are unfamiliar with any of these tools